Have you ever wanted to be grunge? Like Kurt? Or Courtney? Or any grunge person you know? Here's a step by step guide for boys and girls!
One who wears ripped jeans they bought ripped, Wears flannel that is actually just a plad shirt, and thinks Nirvana is the only grunge band.
- Jeans are very important to grunge. Ripping your jeans is acceptable, but not too much! (Ripping them too much will make you look dumb.) But if you do, consider wearing pajama pants under it, to keep from freezing. You can also patch your jeans.
- Listen to grunge music!
- Mark Arm, from the band MudhoneyAbove-ground grunge includes the big four:
- Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, and Alice In Chains. Original, more underground bands include Mother Love Bone, Love Battery, Mad Season, Green River, Screaming Trees, Temple of the Dog, Mudhoney, etc. (Knowing underground bands is a must!)
- Buying from thrift stores like value village and Good Will is much better than buying expensive, brand-name clothing. If you buy pre-ripped jeans for seventy dollars and call yourself grunge, you're a poser.
- Buy Grunge t-shirts with bands like Soundgarden and Nirvana on them.
- If you want to dye your hair, dye it with Kool-Aid.
- Flannel shirts are acceptable. Especially if your sleeve is ripped a bit but not all the way around.
- Big sunglasses such as the ones Kurt (Jackie O) wears are cool, or the black ones Layne Staley (Ray-Ban Predator 2) wears in the video for "Would?".